Department of Computational and Theoretical Sciences, with collaboration of SMK Alor Akar, had organized a workshop in year 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. The objective of the workshop is to train secondary school students to enhance their problem solving skills in Mathematics Olympiad. Our program:
- provides challenge beyond regular school curriculum, strengthens creative problem solving, and logical reasoning skills,
- further develops students’ intellect in math, and helps students excel in national math competitions
The workshop is conducted by experts in Mathematics Olympiad. The syllabus of the workshop is as follows:
- Number Theory by Dr. Pah Chin Hee
- Algebra by Dr. Mansoor Saburov
- Geometry by Prof. Dr. Nasir Ganikhodjaev
Usually it will be a 3 days event with a series of lectures and tutorial class. Participants will receive handout, T-shirt, certificate of participation. T-break and lunch are provided.
We welcome Pahang state secondary schools to contact us to organize Math Challenge workshop for the school individually or a combination of a few schools. Number of participants is expected to be between 40 to 60.
Venue: Kulliyyah of Science, International Islamic University Malaysia, Inderah Mahkota, 25200 Kuantan.
For more information, please contact Dr. Pah Chin Hee (No: 09-571 5061, Fax: 09-571 6783)